Valley Forge OB/GYN has partnered with the Women’s Health Care Group of Pennsylvania (WHGCPA) to attack breast cancer like never before with their Center for Breast Health. (Each VF OB/GYN office is a referral site to the breast center) Early detection is the best defense against breast cancer, and WHGCPA is a state-of-the-art mammography center offering the most advanced technology for breast health.
Radiologists can now view breast tissue one layer at a time using breast tomosynthesis, a 3-dimensional mammogram. Viewing the images in slicies allows the radiologist to look at minute details of the breast, as opposed to a flat 2-dimensional image.
The Benefits of a 3-Dimensional Mammogram:
– Breast cancer is identified at earlier stages
– Ideal for dense breast tissue exams
– Reduction of unnecessary biopsies and procedures
– Additional images are reduced significantly (up to 40%)
Why Choose WHCGPA Center for Breast Health?
– Same day results if prior mammograms are availabe
– Private, comprehensive breast exams taught by a nurse practitioner
– Easy, convenient scheduling
– Privacy and comfort
– State-of-the-art technology